Live a spicy life with the Samurai

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Enter, the Spicy Samurai

Once upon a time, not so long ago, I was like you dear reader. I was normal.

Then one Halloween night, I decided I would be a samurai. Unfortunately, the costume shop had nothing but a priest's outfit, so that's what I got. However, in my heart I always wanted to be a samurai and in my mind's eye I was.

I drove into Chicago to meet my friends, as we previously planned to drink ourselves stupid that night. But as I walked through Boys' Town on my way to their door, I was stopped by a sharp whistle and a polite, yet persistent holler.

"Damn, you so spicy!", came the call. I decided then and there.

From here on out, I would live my life in a spicy manner. I added red peppers to my oatmeal when people said it couldn't be done. I drank chili sauce with my kim chi. I poured tobasco in my eyes just to feel the sting.

I am the Spicy Samurai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home