Live a spicy life with the Samurai

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

damn NC

ok, after posting about dropping the hate, there I go with that title...I'm not above needing a little help myself.

so the Illini lost tonight. I think they had their chances and could have won it. But the refs were calling the stupidest calls--on both sides. I think the refs calls (intentional or not), influenced and directed the game. The calls on Augustyne were very ridculous. What that did was not only get James out of the game, it emboldened May to keep attacking the rim, knowing the refs would side with NC. That pretty much sewed up the game. Like I said, the Illini could still have pulled out a victory had they made their shots, but oh well. They shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. The refs should let the players play the game, and not call fouls for the merest of touches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home