Live a spicy life with the Samurai

Sunday, June 26, 2005

week 2:

Ok, lots of stuff happened...well not too much really. I went to the Bacardi Rum Distillery. It was ok. Watched a movie and learned about the Bacardi family. Got 2 free drink coupons. Not bad for no admission. The bad thing about it though is that the tour doesn't actually go into the plant to show you the process. It would have been great if we were able to make it into the actual distillery to see the process. Oh well. They did have scent barrels. They allow you to smell all the different types of Rums they make.

The other thing that happened this weekend was when I got the rental car. Around 8 or so, I decided to drive out to the mall (its supposed to be the biggest one in the Carribian). I found it easily enough, its about 5-10 minutes from the hotel, but I decided to tour around the business district of San Juan on the way back. I went in circles for bit, but then somehow got back on the highway. However, being the smart guy that I am, I never brought a map with me. I started down the highway and tried to follow the signs back to San Juan, but ended up lost. I stopped at a gas station and the attendant gave me some directions, but I went the wrong way anyway and ended up in a rough neighborhood. I probably wouldn't have minded it too much, but I was nervous after being warned about car-jackings by the auditees. Anyway, made it back to the correct road, followed it, and ended up in Old San Juan. At least I knew where I was! Eventually made it back and decided to take a map with me wherever I go :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home