Live a spicy life with the Samurai

Saturday, July 09, 2005

you're gonna hate me

but no pics this weekend. I had to get out of Ponce, so I decided to go back up to San Juan for the weekend. I'm staying at the Wyndham hotel which is nice. They even gave me a bottle of wine, cheese, crackers, and some bottled water. Pretty nice setup they got. The problem is that the internet connection in my room doesn't work, so they shuffled me off to the business center again. I guess I'm lucky since the business center is supposed to be closed during the weekend, but they're making an exception for me.

That said, I'm not able to upload any pics here since they're still in my camera...that reminds me..maybe I should try plugging my camera directly into this computer and see if it recognizes it...

anyway, the third week was uneventful until my brother and his wife came down. They chilled out for the first few days, and then on Saturday and Sunday we got some good stuff done. First we saw the Rio Camuy caves. Those were cool, but the tour was way too short. Basically, we got to see one major area and that was it. Oh and they showed us a sinkhole. woo hoo! Next we visited the largest radio telescope in the world. At least this hemisphere... It was big, and pretty much what you would expect. They filmed some of the movie Contact here. Next we had a great adventure that night at the bio luminescent bay in Fajardo. Gettting there was a big challenge as many things kept going wrong, but we finally made it. I can't do the bio bay justice, so here's a link you should visit. Its for a different bay, but you'll get the drift. http://www.biobay.com. The next day we trekked in the only US Tropical Rainforrest. It was SO tiring!

'The past week was week 4. not much happened besides work. The hotel I'm at in Ponce is definately worse than the one in San Juan, and the beach is terrible. I'll post a pic of that someday too.

Time for dinner, so I'll catch y'all later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home