Live a spicy life with the Samurai

Friday, April 15, 2005

I'm leaving for Turkey

Well, tomorrow I'm off to Istanbul for a week to work on an audit. It should be fun. I think my team is going to be pretty busy during the week, but I'm hoping to be able to go out on Friday night at least and explore a little before I fly back on Saturday.

One thing I didn't notice until last week was which countries Turkey shares a border with. The east side of the country borders Syria, Iran, and Iraq. I hear Istanbul is a beautiful city, and I'm happy to be going, but I'd be lying if I weren't a little concerned with the situation. oh well, I suppose I'll just have to listen to They Might Be Giants' classic "Istanbul" before I go.

So tonight, I went to a White Sox game. They were playing the Mariners. Go Ichiro! It was pretty neat. Prior to the game, I went to the dugout area and I watched the players warm up. Ichiro is so small!. So the players were warming up a bit, and Ichiro tossed a ball to the guy in front of me. Damn, just one more spot closer and I could have gotten it. Later, I went back up to the Skybox to watch the game. It was really nice up there. Lots of food and great desserts. Plus a cart came by with a selection of cigars and expensive drinks. I had some Johnny Walker blue label. Well, I think it was Johnny Walker. Not sure, but whatever it was, it was blue label. Pretty strong and expensive stuff.

anyway, time to go to bed. Gotta take a shower and get ready for tomorrow. Bye all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home